Friday, June 15, 2007

A Week of Lasts...

I can hardly believe that in just two short days I will be saying farewell to so many that I have come to love here in Africa. I will board a plane in a little Liberian airport to begin the long road home... to finally see so many people I love and have missed in the States. As I started my week on Monday... a strange sense came over me as I knew I had started my "week of lasts"...





*Monday- Last movie night with Bluckster and Vern. Today I began the process of officially disembarking from the ship.





*Tuesday- Last Tues morning crew meeting. As they read off the list of people that were leaving, it was now my time to stand. Last day on my beloved G5 team (well I won't miss carrying boxes so much ;) )...





*Wednesday- Last time hanging out with the missionary kids on the Ana.... last time to study 2 Kings in Ben's fabulous Bible study...





*Thursday- Last Community mtg and sharing in praise and worship with the entire crew... last crew ice cream party...





*Friday- Tonight is my farewell party- Last time to spend dinner and an evening at Monalisa with everyone here...





*Saturday- Last time at Fatima Orphanage with Bowie, Lucy-lu and Vern... Last evening on the ship... last full day in Africa....





What a privilege to have so many things that I am going to miss. Isn't God so good, that He could call a daughter of His to go to Africa for 6 short months, and above & beyond great ministry opportunities, has provided a home that I have come to love and will greatly miss...

No comments: