Monday, April 16, 2007

Easter Blessings

~
The week of Easter was a great time of celebration and reflecting on our Lord's death, burial and resurrection... and the new life that He has has provided as a result of His perfect sacrifice. I loved spending this holiday with so many Christian brothers and sisters from around the world.
~
(My buddy Theo)
~~~
It opened my eyes to different ways Easter is celebrated globally, and also brought new meaning to portions of Scripture. My favorite part by far was taking time to observe the Passover Sader meal.
~~~

(Just an FYI- this was NOT the Sader meal :) Instead these pictures are from Easter brunch!! The galley team decorated the dining halls beautifully! Many long hours of loving service went into preparing for Sunday.)

It was also fitting to celebrate Easter Sunday on the Anastasis for her last time. "Anastasis" comes from the Greek language and means, "resurrection". The Lord has indeed been faithful to the Mercy Ship family as He has "resurrected" this ship many times to continue her service to struggling nations.



As word had just come that week of the new Africa Mercy passing sea trials, there was a sense of one chapter coming to a close and another one opening...



God indeed is faithful, and deserves all praise and glory...




~~~
This week I made a couple of new friends and wanted to introduce them to you :) This is Chris- crazy boy I love. He was burned by falling into a fire at a very young age. He is undergoing grafts to his hand to release the burn contractures.
~~~
~~~
When he first came to the ship, he was very withdrawn... many of these burn patients are. They have undergone years of scorn and shame and exile from friends and family. Most times, these very patients blossom from time here with us just from the love, care and attention that is given from the staff. He has definately blossomed.
~~~

~~~

This is another one of my very active patients! This is Daniel... and everyone else pales in comparison when it comes to being spunky!! I did a very bad thing... I taught him how to tickle.... hmmm.... maybe not the best thing. HaHa! Here he is giving a kiss to little Mary, the daughter of another patient of mine.

~~~


Famous Fish Faces

Daniel... after running and jumping on my back. Honestly Daniel :)
~~~
Speaking of little Mary, she is just absolutely beautiful!! She has given the nurses lots of reason to take a baby break and enjoy making her laugh. I'm sure her mom is tired of us always "babysitting"!! :)
~~~
~~~
But I think there is another reason why I feel so kin to Mary. She and I have a very similar characteristic... that's our hair...


Precious Mary.


I hope you all have had a great Easter holiday!! Miss you and love you all!!

1 comment:

Brooke Shaffer said...

I love the third pic down of you laughing. Way to capture the moment!