Sunday, February 18, 2007

Last Days

Three Great Men
(These three translators became very dear to me. Pictured from left: Charles, me, Mr. Echo (can you believe that Blake?? ) & Godwin)


It felt like the last day of school- excitement, anticipation, a newness in the air. Everyone's family was coming- goodbyes were being said. That's how it felt when it came time two weeks ago for us to close the ward and to say goodbye to our patients. I never knew until that time how attatched my heart had become to the many faces that were about to leave.
~~~
A huge thanks goes to our translators! Day and night they worked. Doing everything from making 20+ Ghanaian orders for "tea and two slices of bread", to cleaning, serving us, translating, and so much more... So we definately had a party when it came time to say thank you :) Apologies that the pictures are so dark-
(Traditional African Praise and Worship)


I bought this children's book when I was at Duke one day- beautiful stories and pictures. I brought it along with me just in case. It made the perfect gift for little Georgetta...

We have an "Adopt-a-patient" program where crew members can "adopt" a patient during their time on board. This was right before this patient was going home- two beautiful dresses made and given along with books, hygiene products and pampering supplies :)

And of course little Daniel- my favorite little man. By the time he went home, he had a Study Bible and Soccer ball along with lots of other things we had stuffed in his bag for his trip home. His aunt came to pick him up. Pictured here is Caroline, our discipler on the ship. Daniel had mixed emotions about the transition of going home. So keep him in your prayers. He's such a trooper, I know he'll do so well. He wants to be a doctor one day- and I said that if he did... I'd gladly be his nurse :)


Bye little Daniel- love you much and our prayers go with you!! :)

No comments: